Sunday, January 5, 2014

Government-forced neuter kills dog


Not that this is a unique situation; I've known of other small dogs who died from procedures like dental cleaning and yes, sterilization surgery. This came from the Encino-Chatsworth Patch comments section on an article on top ten popular dogs. Of course, we have to have an ignoramus come along and immdiately rub salt in the wound, wondering aloud how she can possibly believe his story.
....


·        Ed Ferrett

05/20/2013 03:06pm
I had four healthy, loveable, playful "chihuahuas. The most cruel thing is when I complied with a law that the county of Los Angeles passed, that said I had to have my little dog friends spaded and nuttered if I wanted to have them or they would fine me and take them away from me. So I complied wth the new law. Three days after I HAD THEM MUTILATED one of them died (he was only three years old), another one became a hatefull little recluse, if you tried to pet her, she would try to bite you and run off and hide. All she wanted to do, is sleep and eat everything she could get her mouth on. Other two two dogs became sickly, they wouldn't play any more and came doun with a breathing problem. I will take care of my little friends until they die and then no more dogs for me. I am 90 years old and find it to up setting to loose a little friend like this. I have had pets all my life and allways took care of them. A lot of people say "so what" they are only a dog, just go get another one at the dog pound. To me they are family.
o    
o   87
·        Mahkidzrpupz
To Ed Ferrett
05/20/2013 03:33pm
I am terribly sorry that this happened to you. I am a strong spay/neuter advocate; all the pets I have ever owned including the two my husband and I have now have been spayed. I've never, ever had any who experienced any terrible side effects such as you are describing. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I've just never heard of such a thing! It makes me wonder about the vet/clinic who performed the surgeries, or if your dogs suffered some other trauma besides the surgeries. At any rate, as I said, it makes me very sad that you had to go through such an awful thing. I know it's true that there are some people who may say "it's just a dog" but I think I can safely say that anyone posting here wouldn't feel that way at all. It brings me to tears even to THINK of losing one of our girls! In my opinion, a person who cannot appreciate the unconditional love that a pet offers and who looks on dogs - or any animal - with callous disregard is seriously lacking something personality-wise and isn't a person I would want to have anything to do with. Again, my sincere sympathy - never mind what uncaring people might say - there are plenty of us who completely understand what it means to consider pets a part of the family.

1 comment:

  1. My dog died on the table being neutered.. she is an idiot

    ReplyDelete